Contact Butler County

Butler County Courthouse

428 Sixth Street
P.O. Box 325
Allison, IA 50602

F: (319) 267-2625


   (319) 267-2264
   (319) 267-2670
County Attorney:
   (319) 267-2521
Clerk of Court:
   (319) 267-2487
Driver License:
   (319) 267-2145
Emergency Management:
   (319) 267-9968
   (319) 267-2630
   (319) 267-2735
Public Health:
   (319) 267-2934
   (319) 267-2410
Treasurer: Auto:
   (319) 267-2774
Treasurer: Tax:
   (319) 267-2703
Veteran Affairs:
   (319) 267-9967
   (319) 267-9968


code red


Butler County is now using the CodeRED Emergency Notification System. It is an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications and the distribution of information considered to be important... read more.


  • Homestead Application
  • Estimate of market value
  • Difference between property zoning and classification
  • Property values changes
  • Homestead credit
  • Military exemption
  • Family Farm credit
  • Sales List


  • Do I need a fireworks permit to put on a fireworks display?
  • Does Butler County require dogs to be licensed?
  • How often are Butler County employees wages published?
  • Where can I buy a plat book?
  • How do I get a liquor license to sell alcoholic beverages at our fun days event?
  • Who do I contact regarding real estate transfers?
  • How do I change my name on my real estate parcel since I have gotten married?
  • I am looking for a copy of my deed when I bought my house. Who can help me find this?

Boats and Jet Skis

  • When does my registration expire?
  • What do I have to do when selling my boat?


  • How do I contact my State Senator?
  • How do I contact my State Representative?
  • Where can I find a list of candidates for the upcoming election?
  • When are School Elections held?
  • When are General Elections held?
  • Why do we have to choose a party in the Primary Election?
  • Can I register to vote online?
  • How do I request an absentee ballot for the upcoming election?
  • Where do I vote?


  • What is the contact information for Bob Lincoln?

Home Care

  • How do I get a referral for home health?
  • How much does home health care cost?
  • What home health services do you provide?


  • These are due every 3 years , with them expiring at the end of April 2010
  • How do I renew my passport?
  • How long does it take of get a passport book or card?

Public Health

  • When will the flu shot clinics be held?
  • How do I get a ride?
  • Where do I obtain information on mold?
  • Can you recommend a good contractor?
  • How do I get a free mammogram and pap smear?
  • Who can do the inspections?
  • What are the general requirements of the time of transfer law?
  • How do I get information about Lifeline?
  • How do I find a hospice provider?
  • Where do I get my child's car seat checked?
  • How can I obtain immunizations for my child?
  • When and where are the foot clinics?
  • What is the Quitline Iowa number?
  • Does Butler County Public Health do paternity tests?
  • Who can I contact regarding sexually transmitted diseases?
  • Where can I get information regarding immunizations need to travel to an international country?
  • Do I need a sewer or well permit?
  • When will I be required to have my septic system inspected for transfer of title?
  • What is cost of the inspection?
  • What does it cost to record a document?
  • What happens after the inspection is completed?
  • What happens during the inspection?
  • What vaccinations are needed for my child to start school?
  • How do I obtain home delivered meals?
  • I need to arrange home delivered meals for my parent or myself? How do I go about getting meals delivered to my home?
  • How do I get help buying home medical equipment or a modification to my home?
  • My elderly mother needs help getting into her home and a shower chair? How do I obtain information about having a ramp installed and buying a shower chair?
  • My elderly mother needs help getting into her home and a shower chair? How do I obtain information about having a ramp installed and buying a shower chair?
  • I am new to the area and am expecting a baby. I am unemployed and don’t have health insurance. Is there a program available for pregnant women?
  • Is there a place in Butler County to have my blood pressure checked?
  • My doctor says to have my blood pressure checked once per week. Where can I have this done?
  • Do you offer services for women who are pregnant?


  • What does it cost to record a document?

Secondary Roads

  • Who do I contact about cleaning my ditch?
  • How do I get a driveway permit?
  • How can I get dust control applied?
  • When will the county blade my road?
  • When are you going to fix the frost boils?
  • What is a level B road?
  • Who maintains my road?
  • When will you plow my road?
  • How do I report a problem with a road, bridge, culvert or sign?
  • When are you going to sand the blacktops?
  • Who pays for a tile crossing?
  • Who do I contact about a moving permit? When do I need a moving permit? How much does a moving per


  • How much does a Building Permit cost?
  • How much land do I need to build a new house?
  • How close to the road can I build?
  • Is there a certain size requirement on a new house?
  • Is there a certain size my parcel has to be to build on?
  • Can I move a mobile home in?
  • If I want to sell the farmstead from a farm is there a certain size requirement?
  • Can I get my land rezoned for a business?
  • Can I run a business out of my home or garage?
  • Where do I find out if I'm in a flood zone or not?
  • If we buy an existing acreage with an old house, can we tear down the old house and build a new home


  • How do I obtain my birth record?
  • How do I get a marriage application, and what do I need to bring with me?
  • Do I get my birth certificate back?

Snow's and ATVs

  • When does my registration expire?
  • What do I have to do when selling my atv or snowmobile?


  • When are the Butler county Board of Supervisors meetings held?
  • What boards do the Board of Supervisors serve on?
  • Who do I contact to be placed on the agenda for a Board of Supervisors Meeting?


  • What paperwork is needed to transfer a vehicle?
  • What fees are charged when transferring a vehicle?
  • Can a transfer be done without visiting your office?
  • The title has OR in between the owner’s names….do both owners have to sign?
  • I have lost my title. How do I get a new one?
  • What do I need to junk out my vehicle?
  • I’m thinking about buying a different vehicle, can you tell me what the annual license fee will be for that certain make and model?
  • My spouse passed away and their name is on our title(s). Is there anything that needs to be done with these titles?
  • I purchased a vehicle from the estate of a deceased individual, how is this transfer handled?
  • I have sold my vehicle, what do I do with my license plates?
  • Am I required to get new plates when I move from one county to another in Iowa?
  • What do I need in order to license my out of state vehicle in Iowa?
  • How early can I renew my plates?
  • How do I put a vehicle into storage?
  • What qualifies as a Special Truck?
  • What qualifies as a Business Trade Truck?
  • How do I know how much Tonnage I will need?
  • How many days do I have to renew my Drivers License?
  • Where can I obtain a copy of my Driving Record?
  • What will I need to take the Iowa Drivers Test for my instruction permit?
  • How do I get Veteran marked on my license?
  • How long to I have to notify the DOT of an address change?
  • What do I need to get a handicap placard?
  • What is the Medical Certification requirements as part of the commercial driver’s license (CDL)?

Property Taxes

  • When can property taxes be paid?
  • Do you accept the postmark as date paid?
  • Can I have my property taxes taken directly from my bank account?
  • When are delinquent tax notices sent?
  • When are delinquent taxed published in the newspaper?
  • Is there any property tax relief I can apply for?
RocketTheme Joomla Templates