- Latest News
- Clerk of Court
- Community Services
- Conservation & Nature
- County Attorney
- Driver's License
- Economic Development
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Health
- Public Health
- Transfer Station
- Veteran's Affairs
- Citizen's Center
- Code Red
- About Us
- Contact Us
Why was the office of the County Auditor created?
The office of County Auditor was created in 1870 as part of a revamping of county government. The duties of the office covered areas that had previously been given to the County Judge in 1851 in the first Code of Iowa, and then to the Clerk of Court in 1861 with the formation of the Board of Supervisors. The State Legislature added the duties of Commissioner of Elections in the early 1970's.The County Auditor is an elected position with a term of four years.
- July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013
- July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012
- July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011
- July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010
- July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009
ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT
ANNUAL AUDIT REPORT
Below is information about associations and firms that may lobby on behalf of Butler County.
Some organizations to which Butler County pays membership dues participate in the development of legislative priorities and issues. They are listed here. Find more information about the legislative priorities of these organizations by following the links to their websites.
- Iowa State Association of Counties (ISAC)
The main purpose of ISAC is to secure and maintain cooperation amount the counties and county officials, promote comprehensive study of local problems and find ways of solving them, provide methods of interchange of ideas amoung various county officials, and promote and work of the enactment of legislation that is most beneficial to the citizens of Iowa.
* Iowa State Association of Counties
501 SW 7th St., Sute. Q
Des Moines, IA 50309-4540
* ISAC Legislative Priorities and Positions
* Butler County paid $4750 for 2011 Membership Dues to ISAC on 07/20/2010
* Butler County paid $4750 for 2012 Membership Dues to ISAC on 07/19/2011
* Butler County paid $5000 for 2013 Membership Dues to ISAC on 07/17/2012
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
The National Association of Counties (NACo) is the only national organization that represents county governments in the United States. Founded in 1935, NACo provides essential services tot he nations counties. NACo advances issues with a unified voice before the federal government, improves the public's understanding of county government, assists counties in finding and sharing innovative solutions through education and research, and provides value-added services to save counties and taxpayers money.
* National Association of Counties
25 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20001
* NACo Legislation and Policy
* Butler County paid $400.00 for 2011 Membership Dues to NACo on 10/05/2010
* Butler County paid $400.00 for 2012 Membership Dues to NACo on 10/18/2011
* Butler County paid $400.00 for 2013 Membership Dues to NACo on 10/09/2012