Butler County Assessor's Office Field Appraiser Opening
The Butler County Assessor’s Office in Allison, Iowa, is seeking a full-time Field Appraiser. The primary duties include locating, inspecting, listing, and appraising residential, agricultural, commercial, industrial, multi-residential and/or exempt properties that are subject to valuation. This position will also assist in the day-to-day operations of the Assessor’s office.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Measure the perimeter of all residential buildings.
- Make a careful inspection of each structure and list all pertinent data on a field worksheet Construction data will include items of construction such as foundation, basement area, exterior walls, roof type and roofing materials, floors, attic and basement finish, number of rooms.
- Interviews taxpayers to explain basis for current assessments and assists them in listing.
- Assists property owners in applying for homestead tax credit and military tax exemptions.
- Good knowledge of building construction practices and of building and land values.
- The ability to read and understand building construction plans and specifications photographs and blueprints.
- The ability to exhibit good judgment, accuracy, integrity, pleasing personality, good physical condition.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, property owners, representatives from other agencies and the public.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Ability to make mathematical computations with accuracy in computing appraisal values, become knowledgeable of current real estate market values, construction costs, exemptions and credits, and to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
A complete job description can be obtained from the Assessor’s Office. Butler County employment application forms are available in the right-hand column of this webpage.
Salary dependent upon experience with an excellent benefit package.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Assessor’s Office by May 24, 2023.
Please mail Resume/Application for Employment to:
Butler County Assessor
P.O. BOX 304
Allison, IA 50602
Butler County is an Equal Opportunity Employer