- Community Health Education Programs
- Screening Clinics for blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol
- Immunization Clinics for children and adults
- Communicable Disease Investigation, follow-up and prevention
- Adult Health Screening Clinics
- Prenatal and Post Partum Education
- Breast and Cerical Cancer Early Detection Program/Care for Yourself
Quitline Iowa: Sometimes success take a little help.
Quitline Iowa has a long track record of helpting people quit tobacco. Our coaches can provide the help you personally need to succeed too. Whether you want to quit today or you only want information or you've already quit and need a little extra support. You're not the only one.
Quitline is funded by a grant from the Iowa Department of Public Health, a Division of Tobacco Use Prevention and Control. All Services provided by Quitline are free to Iowans.
- Care for Yourself
Do I qualify for the Care For Yourself program?
You’re a woman age 40 and older or Women under age 40 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
You have no health insurance or you have health insurance that does not cover services or you are unable to pay your co-payment or deductible or you are age 65 or older and do not have Medicare Part B coverage or you have health insurance, but need help to be sure you get screened
*2017 Federal Guidelines
Number of Persons in Household:
1 - $31,255 ( after taxes)
2 - $42,275 (after taxes)
For more information contact:
Nancy Hemann, Care of Yourself Coordinator
The Iowa Department of Public Health partners with local public health, policymakers, health care providers, business and many others to fulfill their mission of promoting and protecting the health of Iowans.