The Butler County Conservation Board invites you to explore and enjoy the variety of lands that we manage for public use. The rich diversity of these areas offers something of interest for everyone.
For more details on each campgrounds, public hunting area, prairies, preserves, programs and bike trail information visit the below website:
County Parks in Butler County, Iowa (mycountyparks.com)
Follow us on Facebook @
Butler County Conservation Board | Facebook
Rolling Prairie Bike Trail - Butler County, Iowa | Facebook
Conservation Board Members
Meredith Borchardt, Clarksville
Fern Feldman, Allison
Kelly Harken, Aplington
Mark O'Brien, Greene
Ryan Schrage, Parkersburg
Conservation Board Staff
Matt Morris - Executive Director
Calvin Steere - Operations Supervisor
Annette Wittrock - Naturalist
Chad Price - Park Technician
The Butler County Conservation Board holds meetings on the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings are usually held at 6:30pm at the Allan and Fayette Meyer Nature Center. Agendas are posted prior to the meeting at the Courthouse in Allison.
The Butler County Conservation Board has adopted the following rules for all areas under their management so that everyone can continue to enjoy the recreational opportunities they provide today and in the future. A complete list of rules is available from the Butler County Conservation Headquarters.
- Vehicles may only be operated on roadways and designated parking lots. Park roads are public roads and operators of motor vehicles must have a valid license.
- Speed limit is 15 mph on all park roads unless otherwise posted.
- Camping is allowed only in designated areas. All campers are required to register at the beginning of their stay. Butler County Parks have a two-week maximum stay limit.
- Please use facilities provided for picnics. Fires are allowed only in established fire rings or grills.
- "Pack it in - Pack it out" is the rule for all trash.
- Pets must be leashed at all times except in areas open to public hunting.
- Swimming is not permitted in any Butler Conservation Board area.
- Firearms are permitted only in areas designated for public hunting.
- All State and Federal Fish and Wildlife Laws apply on lands maintained by the Butler County Conservation Board. Length limits for fish follow state standards unless otherwise posted.
Contact Butler County
Butler County Conservation
27887 195th Street
Clarksville, IA 50619
Phone Number: 319-278-4237